Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Work!!

Sweater: Macy's; Button-Up: New York & Co.; Jeans: Kohl's



What I'm Wearing
Um...you should be able to see it! Ok, that wasn't even close to funny! I got bold today: I wore a button up shirt under a sweater. ::gasp:: This was something I absolutely abhorred as a teenager and have been completely intimidated by as an adult. Yeah, yeah. If you don't know by now that I'm a little off, then you haven't been reading very carefully! I also wore a necklace *OVER* said collard shirt! ::double gasp:: I love the way this looks on others, but I don't really think I'm working it. I feel boxy. Maybe my sweater's too thin? I don't know. It certainly looks better with jeans than it did with the gray trousers that I wore to work. It turns out I could have gotten away with jeans at work today, though, since every other teacher and the principal were wearing jeans...and rain boots. ::soft wail from missed opportunity::

What I'm Thinking
          My last official day of winter break was awesome. Nicole and Tim came over and we played games and she and I went shopping while the boys watched football. By the way, "Curses" is an *AWESOME* game. Side splitting laughter ensued not five minutes in. This game has also made me decide that my hubby makes an excellent leprechaun. =D That's right: leprechaun. And on Sunday evening I got a call from one of my districts that a sub was needed. Hooray! Income! They need a sub for the whole week. Woo-Hoo!! Pay dirt! But the teacher only has plans for Monday and Tuesday. ::silence::...Ooookay, I think I can swing that. Fourth grade you say? I can figure something out {I hope}. I like that I get to work with the same class for an extended period of time {I really do}. It gives me a routine and a schedule and general consistency. I feel like I can do anything when I have a routine...which inspires me to break the routine and then I get all nervous and fidgety because I've lost my routine. But back to work!
          I love fourth graders; they're cute and innocent but have just enough bite to be interesting. I like that I can be goofy and they look at me like I'm completely off my rocker and they worry that maybe they shouldn't have come to school. The junior high kids see right through me and think I'm lame for trying to get a laugh out of them. They were a good group today, but they were SOOOOO tired!  I mean, these kids weren't even excited about rainy day schedule and didn't spend all day talking to each other! I  hope I'll be as lucky the rest of the week as I was today...especially since I have to ad-lib the plans.
         The best part about fourth graders is that they haven't quite got the hang of pulling one over on the sub. I can still ask questions about normal classroom procedures and get honest answers out of most of them. The ones that try to sneak in a little white lie are quickly bombarded by "NOOOO! That's not what Mrs. Smith does!" and the poor darlings have no idea that they just screwed themselves into reading the whole chapter by themselves instead of letting me read it to them. Adorable. I really want to laugh at them when they do this, but then I'll just make things worse for whoever has to sub for them after me. =D ::enjoy!::

What I'm Writing
          Blaaaaah!! ::tears:: I haven't written anything of worth in forever! And this guy that asked me to beta his Harry Potter story is 30 chapters in and all that needs fixing is a bunch of little grammar things. His craft is excellent, though. I want to write more about my serial killing duo and insert some girly Cosmo-esque fashion related entries. I can see it being very cute and successful {if it hasn't already been done}::[originality is highly overrated, Reg. Nobody is original anymore.]::<--I don't know what all this punctuation is supposed to imply, but I think it helps to break up the different voices in my head. TMI? I suppose I could always work on transposing my Star Wars story {which I'm very proud of} into a contemporary romance where the Jedi are replaced with firemen. Blaaaah!!! ::more tears:: I hate writer's block! ::suddenly remembers half finished zombie story::bangs head against wall::

PS: I'm really starting to loathe these self portraits, as I'm realizing that my outfits suck.

2 comments:

  1. Necklace to the blouse is like mac to the cheese and I. dig. it. That rule was made for breaking girlie!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um, amen to the necklace over the shirt. I did this a few weeks ago over a turtleneck and felt super 90's old lady. And I ALMOST wore pearls over a red gingham button up with a sweater over both. But, then I didn't. Missed opportunity there.

    4th grade...glad you love it!!! They really can be so sweet. So happy to hear you got a week long job. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)