Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The* Sub Life, episode 2

*I decided that I like "THE Sub Life" better than "MY Sub Life". More universal, don't ya think?

           Having a good bag is essential to being a good substitute. You don't want to spend forever and a day searching for that one essential item that you know you packed and risk missing a major classroom event {such as kissing, texting, or shanking}. I have two bags, one for each type of day that I usually encounter at work. I have a computer bag (pink and white with skulls) that I use for days where I am mostly prepared for the day and don't anticipate a lot of down time. This bag holds mostly my computer and one or two books. I usually only use this bag on repeat assignments or in familiar classrooms. My other bag is a large, rectangular tote bag. It's super sturdy and holds everything I need without looking like it's bulging.
          What both of these bags have in common is a large central pocket and dimensions that snugly fit my computer. When carrying a computer, it is important to have a bag that will support and protect it. A large central pocket is important because it allows you to easily find your items. When you find yourself with several minutes of class left, you want to be able to quickly locate one of those books or activities you brought with you. Digging through a back-pack can cost precious un-monitored time. These bags are also both very comfortable to carry. This is important since you'll never know how far you may need to walk from your car to your classroom.

1 comment:

  1. Ah, shanking. It brings back such fond kindergarten memories. :-P

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)