Sunday, January 6, 2013

30 Days of No Make Up: Day 1

This picture was taken in the bathroom, in the light that I normally see myself in since my school has NO mirrors!
This picture is in the office with the desk lamp on. I imagine this is closer to what other people see when I'm inside.
What I don't like:
       I'm starting at the bottom, so don't judge me if I pick out every little thing that I don't like about my current complexion.
       First off, I hate those bags under my eyes. They look...bubbly?? I don't know. I just know that I don't like the area under my eyes.
       Secondly, I'm pale...I might even say sallow. My color isn't exactly that healthy glow we all want.
      Third, even though you can't see them in the above pictures, I want to minimize the appearance of my freckles. Clinique tells me that my freckles are forever, but that sun spots can be erased. I don't know which spots on my face are freckles and which are sun spots.

See the freckles? I have no idea what the difference between a freckle and a sunspot is....
What I'm doing about it:

Here's the face wash I'm using. I don't have blemishes or black heads, but I like how clean my face feels using this. I think it's because it's a scrub. The best my face ever felt was when I washed it using a sugar, honey, and lemon scrub from the kitchen. This is the next best thing at the store.

I got this toner at TJ Maxx (duh!). I had previously been using toner from Target (Up and Up brand) but I didn't like how it made my skin feel dry but not clean. After the first use, it feels pretty good.


This is my splurge item. I've been seeing the commercials for this product for a while (you know the one with the spotty egg?), and I finally decided that I would give it a try. For what is cost, this stuff better work!
This is part two of the splurge. Since the dark spot corrector must be used with a daily sunscreen, I bought the skin tone correcting moisturizer with an SPF 20 to see if I could boost the magical effects and feel like I made a good investment.

To combat whatever is going on under my eyes, I'm also using this stuff. It says it's for firming the skin under your eyes. It came as a freebie in the mail from someone's failed attempt to steal our credit card. I hope it doesn't end up being a miracle cream and then costing a fortune!

So that's the regiment I will be using in the morning and evening. If you have any tips, suggestions, or testimonials regarding these products, please let me know! I'm open to changing this regiment and trying new things for the benefit of my skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)