Monday, January 7, 2013

Day 2: 30 days of no make up


Day 2

Here's a close up...of mah glasses...and mah freckles.
At work, at my desk, with my freshly washed face.
So on day 2, I went to work with no make up. In the past, this means that my students say I look different or tired or sick. Since today was the first day back from winter break, though, I think they must have forgotten what I looked like! I also wore my glasses which probably helped to cover up the fact that I wasn't wearing any make-up.

My skin feels great! It's not too oily or dry, and I loved that I could rub my eyes without worry! It was very relaxing knowing that there was nothing only face to smudge.
I did run across one problem that I forgot to address in my rules: Chapstick and lip balm. Now, most Chapstick and lip balms are invisible and would not classify themselves as make up. I often get dry lips at work and so I keep some lip stuff in one or more of my drawers all the time. I was actually shocked and a little stumped when I opened up my drawer and found this:
See it there in the back? Those two purple tubes of temptation!...and yes, that is a robotic bug next to them. Don't judge.

In my book, the maybe line minty shine purple gloss counts as make-up. I didn't even need to think about it. And there was that mascara just taunting me. It was not an especially great second day without make up. I did manage to stay strong, though, and did not put on the gloss or the mascara. I did manage to find a stray tube of cherry Chapstick to meet my needs.
It doesn't even have a label!!
I just had to not think about the fact that I have no idea how long ago I bought it or how long it had been stored in that drawer. O.o

On the bright side: I'm excited about the idea of getting more time to play with my hair since I no longer have to worry about doing my make up. Should I experiment with up-dos or styling products? Maybe not the products...since that's kind of like make-up for your hair. :/

Also, my friend Adrienne mentioned to me that I should definitely use honey on my face. Maybe I should ditch my apricot scrub from Target and mix up a jar of sugar, honey, and lemon instead? The lazy side of me doesn't feel like mixing. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)