Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas Eve and the Container Store

It's an older pic, but it's festive, and I'm kind of out of it today. Thanx 4 ur patience....zZzZz...zZzZz...
Seriously...I just realized that I started writing this immediately after I turned on the TV downstairs. I had every intention of sitting on the couch and veging out, but instead came upstairs to write in my blog. What is wrong with me? Not only am I inconsistent and indecisive, but I'm wasting energy! Blaaaaah! And the battery in my camera is dead, but I really like what I'm wearing today. I'll post a picture of it later...I hope, actually, don't hold me to that. I *will* attempt to make an effort to wear this outfit again in the near future. I do not promise to remember that it was meant for today's post as well.

I went to the container store this morning with MIL. I LOVE that store! MIL and I were practically drooling over all the cool stuff in there. Boxes, jars, hooks, drawers, spoons, shelves...it's heaven. Whatever gadget you could possibly need for your home, it's there. I got these awesome motion sensor lights for my closet (since our main closet no longer has lights, but it's still big enough to walk into). These things are amazing! I want them everywhere, even in room that have real electrical lighting. I want them in my cupboards. I want them in my drawers. They are THAT cool! I also got a floating shelf for under the TV so Marty and I can utilize our Wii and Playstation Eye.

Oh, and I'm being held hostage in my own home by the UPS truck and FedEx. Can't go anywhere until those packages show up. So one of us is stuck here until the doorbell rings. ::sigh:: The excitement of receiving packages and the gloom of having to wait for them.

And I'm feeling very techy and proud of myself since I set up my printer to print wirelessly through our home network (a task that has been previously considered impossible). Yay, me!

So that's what I'm thinking and wearing....oh, yes, what I'm writing. Mostly a big, fat, lot of nothing. I want to write a Harry Potter fanfic, but it's not really about Harry Potter characters. I pretty much just want to jack the Hogwarts setting because it's familiar and easy. I know it, everyone else knows it, and I don't have to waste time describing teachers and hallways and other setting crap. Yes, that's right, I just want to avoid creating a setting. It's so much easier to steal someone else's. Actually...now that I'm thinking about it...it's got a very cliche storyline and it's not even dressed up in a creative vehicle. Summary: I've written nothin'. =p

In connection with writing, does anybody have any thoughts or cares about Kyrie and Jonthan {my murderous lovelies}? Yes? No? I need some feedback or they're hittin' the trash can {I guess that would turn 'no feedback' into 'negative feedback'}. I'm tired. It's Christmas Eve. I want to snuggle up with hot cocoa and a festive movie. Merry Christmas, all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)