Saturday, December 11, 2010

Geeking Out

           I'm dressed like a nerd and today I have acted like a nerd. I didn't intentionally dress like a nerd; it just happens when I don't really think about what I'm wearing. Some girls wear sweats and a tee shirt when they feel gungy. Jeans and novelty shirts are more my thing. They're also the style choice of your average geek. Tune into "The Big Bang Theory" some time. I look like I raided Leonard's closet. I'm just missing the hoodie layered under the utility jacket.
It was a no make up kind of day.

So, I feel like a geek today because I spent forever trying to get rid of the white frames around the photos on my blog. Not the cute, vintage, polaroid frames that I've added myself, but the default ones that come with my blog template (did you notice that the white is gone?). I spent at least an hour editing html and clicking "view post" and googling solutions. Kind of reminded me of the myspace days. But there's nothing that makes me feel geekier than writing custom html. Which is lame. Maybe the fact that I'm reading a math book for fun should be what makes me feel geeky.

I then proceeded to waste lots of time playing with photos and my wacom tablet in photoshop.  I swear, I don't know how I would live my life without photoshop. It makes working with images sooooo much easier and even more fun!

Oh, and I did laundry today. :)

While we're on the topic of geek-ness, I think I'll take this time to warn you. I'm a huge Star Wars fan. HUGE. It's bad. Real bad. It's not my fault, though. I was born into it. Literally, my mom and my brother had already decked the house with so many Star Wars toys and accessories that I never even had a choice. So, prepare for a few lengthy Star Wars posts...sorry in advance.
Undershirt: J Crew; Shirt: Gottshalk's; Jeans: American Eagle via TJ Maxx; Shoes: Airwalk by Payless.
Things I've Learned Today
- Morning coffee is worth the walk across the street, to 7-11, for coffee creamer.
- Wood chips will prevent weeds from growing in empty patches of dirt.
- Don't complain about your husband's choice of fencing for the backyard when you haven't lifted a finger to make the rest of it look as great as it does. >.<  ::doh!::
- I always come up with a million great things to blog about when I start blogging, and then I forget them. So I should record these ideas as soon as they pop into my head.
- I was a pretty impressive rookie book buyer, and my husband is proud of the impression I made. =D
- Ironic: College kids are dumb, and it always seems to be the business and finance kids who can't figure out why they don't turn a profit when they sell their text books back after they have used them. (I actually learned this one a couple of days ago, but forgot to post it).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)