Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Freckles Run In The Family

I'm finally feeling festive! Notice the Santa inspired outfit? Notice this is the third day in a row I'm wearing some kind of knee sock? And did you notice the wreath? Today I recruited my Lil' Sis to take some photos and I reciprocated the favor. I can tell she's done this before. ::rolls eyes::
So, Sister and I don't get to spend as much time together as we would like to. This is because she lives in Palos Verdes with the parental units and I live in OC with Hubby. It's kind of a drag because when we did live in the same house she was a little kid and I was a snotty teenager. Now that she's the snotty teenager (love you sis!), we have a lot more fun together. For instance, this photo shoot! As a teen in the era of FaceBook and readily available digital cameras, Sister's (Mitsy, not Misty, the 't' comes first) new favorite hobby is taking pictures of herself and friends to place on said FaceBook. I think it's so unfair. She gets to have her teen years documented in photo according to the moments she wants to record. Now, I also took a lot of photos as a teenager, but being the oh-so-responsible teen that I was, most of them either didn't come out or get developed (this is back in the days of actual film since digital cameras were a little too expensive to be buying for your 16 year old at the time). And all the other photos were ones my parents took. Mostly prom and formal pictures. Which were quickly burned upon break-up with whoever my date was. Yes gentlemen, your images were burned. It's a good thing we broke up. :)
Anyway, back to what I like about my sister. Well, she's got a killer fashion sense! She always looks adorable. But what do you expect when she grew up with a sister like me? ;) She also has a great sense of humor; very dry and sarcastic. I hope that sticks and isn't just a teenage phase. What I don't like about her are the following: her hair, her nails,  and her height. I want these. She got the thick hair and nails that always look great, no matter what she does with them. I got the wimpy hair and nails that never do what I want them to. And she's taller than me. Do you know how much that bites? On the plus side, I might be able to convince people that I'm the little sister a few years down the line. We're ten years apart, and I like it that way. I think she likes it too. And like the title says, freckles run in our family. Which I'm mostly annoyed about, but ultimately happy with. Our older brother also has freckles (he's twelve years older than me), but he might kill me if I tried to take his picture. If you really want to see his picture, you'll have to buy his book, Camberaxe, and see his author pic. Or you can follow his blog and bug him for a pic.
Ok, I'm tired. I spent all day at my mom's and all night helping Hubby troubleshoot why the COD: Black Ops update won't download, and I need to finish up writing invitations for my sister-in-law's baby shower so I can mail them tomorrow. Oh, and I have to work tomorrow (yay!), so I'll need to go to bed soon.

New Learnings
- You are never too old to play on a swing set, but some swing sets are too old for you to play on.
- My mom has WAY more clothes and shoes than I do.
- As the crow flies, it is less than fifty feet from our computer room to our TV.
- It's a good idea to get your lace cut before you had to check-out when at the fabric store.
- Brown mailing paper + bright ribbon = cute gift wrap
- My sister thinks it would be weird if I taught at her school, but her best friend thinks it would be cool.

1 comment:

  1. Festive and cute! Don't complain, you're both taller than I am. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)