Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Feeling Funky & Thanks Mom

Thank you, Mommy, for sponsoring this outfit. It would not have been possible without you. <3
I wish my pictures were more crisp and the colors were more vivid. I suppose I would need a better camera and lighting for that, though. I think it's more of a lighting issue than anything. The lighting at home isn't very good (all kind of yellowy and uneven) and the lighting outside, well, there's not much to speak of there either. I don't know how Elaine does it. She's only a bit further north than me and yet she's able to find these pockets of time where it isn't raining. Seriously, the rain has not stopped here in FOUR days. FOUR FREAKING DAYS!!!! It's really getting to me. I want to go out, but I don't want to deal with the weather. So instead, I stay inside and watch HGTV and dream up what I'm going to do with my future house (which will have an income suite, creative eclectic furniture, totally energy efficient appliances, made of all 'green' building materials, and hand selected by Sandra Rinomato).
EXCEPT, I can no longer spend hours watching Sandra pick houses, Scott build an apartment to die for, Vern design room, or Mike make it right. Why? Because the cable box has decided to die. It won't reboot. It won't turn on. And Time Warner's solution to this TV terror? "Try turning the box off and then on; we're going to send it some 'signals' and then proceed with a series of troubleshooting steps." Oh goody! Magic signals to smack my cable box back into action. ::nothing happens:: "Ma'm, is your TV working yet?" Umm...NO. It's doing exactly what I told you it was doing when I first called. "Ma'm we're going to have to send out a technician. How's tomorrow at 5pm?" Wait! Wait just a darn minute! What happened to the series of troubleshooting steps!?!?! You did one thing, you gave me one step. I feel cheated! I feel robbed! I want my TV back!!! Could I at least get a guess at why my box is no longer working???? No. No, I guess not. Time Warner: you suck.

Oh, and for some reason, my videos aren't playing right. So I've re-posted them, this time through YouTube. It sucks that they have black bars on them though. I like the Photobucket format so much better, but Photobucket always seems to have a busy server, which means you can't see my videos. Because I know you're watching them and DYING to see more. ;) 


And my story. No, it's not about vampires, but now that the idea has been brought to my head, I see where it might appear as such to begin with. Maybe if I take out the "darlings" and "lovelies" or if I set it during the day. I don't have anything against vampires, in fact, I like them a lot. But there are just too many vampire band-wagoners out there right now. So, yes Sandy, you are right, I'm going with serial killers. A' la "Dexter" if you will, but not heroic (cuz Dexter really is a nice guy, and I don't want to write about nice people). As my fourth grade teacher (Mr. Ledbetter) used to say "Nice is the worst word in the English language." Nice. {Does it sound weird and annoying to you yet?}



2 comments:

  1. Thank you!! I'm sure she'll be glad to hear it! She still has quite a few gems in her closet that I've yet to snag. The dress originally had a high collar, but I thought a v-neck would make it more comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)