Saturday, December 11, 2010

Give Her the Boot!

I've already missed a day* of blogging. Great. Off to a terrific start here, Reg! ::deep breath::

Anyway, today's topic is my new fashion obsession. Well, it's not really new. I've been thinking about these boots for quite a while actually. I want a pair of rubber rain boots.

 At first glance, I thought that this was the ugliest thing to happen to feet since clogs. But now that they've been around the fashion scene a while and have branched out into so many colors and patterns....I really want a pair.
They have some for sale in the Corral at UC Davis; they're only a few steps away.There are only two things preventing me from buying these highly functional rubber boots: the cost and my husband.

You see, I think that $40 bucks for a pair of shoes that are meant to go tromping through the mud is a bit much. It's kind of the same reason I don't own a pair of Converse. Why do they have to be so expensive? Jimmy Choos, I understand the cost. A pair of diamond studded stilettos is fairly priced at $500+. But a pair of rubber rain boots? I think it's a little excessive.





However, $115 for Hunter purple rain boots is even more excessive. I understand that they are a well trusted brand for their reliability and quality, but I don't think that they used $115 worth of rubber and "artistic design" to create them. I'm also not so much a fan of the detailing and the logo on the front of the boot. I still like the general design, though.








But the price of the classic boot is nothing compared to their high-heeled, back-laced version at $175. I absolutely LOVE this shoe, despite (or maybe because of) its impracticality. I admit that even I would think myself ridiculous in these shoes. But I still think they're adorable.




And reason number two is because my husband thinks they are ugly. Normally I just go "Pphssh!" when he tells me that something is ugly. Buuuut...I've kind of been doing that a lot lately, so I think that it's best if I just leave my fascination with the rubber boots where it is: a fascination. Besides, how often does a Southern California girl need rain boots anyway?

*I know that I've technically missed two days of blogging, but I thought I might make it home before midnight to finish this post. We almost did, but I had been in need of a bathroom break since Bakersfield. I know; TMI. Sorry.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, REggie...I missed a day too. :) Yesterday was the end of the week and I was so exhausted that all I could do was sit on the couch and watch a Santa Clause marathon. I'm not kidding...it may have been a little bleak...especially when the hubby had offered to take me out last night. Hmmm.... PS people are clicking on the link to your blog on mine...which means...more readers for both of us. MWahahahaha!

    And um, I want those purple boots. Now. I'm glad I'm not the only one who's excuse is usually money/husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love tracking the blog traffic! It does feel like minor world domination.

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)