Sunday, December 5, 2010

I Love Warm Welcomes



Jacket: Gifted, Sweater and Pants: Kohl's, Earrings: F21, Necklaces: various.
Today, Marty (hubby) and I drove up to Davis, CA for our five day adventure. Ok, it's not an adventure, it's work, but doesn't calling it an adventure already make it more exciting? We made excellent time and had a lovely drive. Almost immediately as we pass the "Welcome to Davis!" sign, it starts raining. Not a nice relaxing pour or pitter-patter, but that drizzly rain that goes in and out and makes it impossible to see anything, especially the lines on the road. I'm already feeling that Davis may not like me very much and I feel entirely too dressed up for a town where the smell of cow is their claim to fame.

On an unrelated note, I've just removed the three rings that I wore today (see, I told you I was too dressed up!) and my typing skills seemed to have improved! You know that commercial for ESPN where the baseball player makes the office worker wear wrist weights to practice typing and when he takes the weights off he's, like, Super Typer? Well, that's what I feel like. They may not look like much but those rings are heavy!

So here is my great thought of the day (I've spent all day on the road, people, so don't get too excited!): I have actually had a serendipitous disaster. Yay! Well, I think it qualifies as a serendipitous disaster. It was a rash and hastily constructed (and destroyed) disaster that resulted in the best part of my life. I'll write it out for tomorrow's post and then you can tell me if it qualifies as a serendipitous disaster.

Some things I have learned on day 1 of my Davis Adventure:
* College towns are really cute! I love how close everything feels! Makes me wish I had gone away to college.
* It is unacceptable to sleep on a 6 hour drive when you have done none of the driving. I actually already knew this, but I feel I need to reinforce the idea to myself.
* Filling a bathroom with steam to get wrinkles out of your clothes makes for a great environment to wash your face, but not for any other bathroom activities.
* Sydney's high-bun (see The Daybook) is extremely comfortable and fashionable! I think I will sport this look later in the week, if not immediately tomorrow.

G'night!

1 comment:

  1. Um, high five for rockin' the high bun. I did it again today, but bigger and bolder...like Sarah Jessica Parker Sex and the City big. You'll get there...trust me. :)

    Loved reading your rules...especially the sleeping one. I may or may not be guilty of this...always. :)

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)