Thursday, March 17, 2011

BRB

Hey there! Sorry I've been MIA for a VERY long time! I finally finished 30 for 30!! Yay! I'll post the pics and my reflections of my final three outfits this weekend. I feel terrible that I haven't kept up with my blog. Not that I think I have a bunch of readers that hang on my every word, but I don't want this blog to be just another abandoned idea. I want to keep it up long enough to call it an actual hobby.
     So...the reason I've been so out of it is that...I got a job! Los Alisos had a position open up that will last until the end of the year. It's an 8th grade math and science gig, and I've had a great first week. Yes, the kids are frustrating at times, but that's part of the joy and excitement of teaching. It's so relieving to know I'll have a steady paycheck for the next few months.
     This week has been crazy! Having to hit the ground running is tough when you're teaching, and it's even tougher if the kids are already at a good pace and have Spring Break in their sights. On top of that, I had a huge project due for my class at CSULB...ok, it wasn't that huge, but it felt pretty overwhelming in light of the fact that I had a brand new class, and it meant that I couldn't devote 100% to my class...which makes me sad and feel like a failure. But, I must press on or I can kiss my chances of having a job in the fall buh-bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)