Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 30: DONE!!! Yay!!

I am sooooo glad to be done with this! Wearing the same thirty items for the past month has really been wearing on me (no pun intended). It's been over a week since I wore my last outfit and I find myself gravitating back to these pieces even though I'm dying to wear ANYTHING else!


I think one of the biggest problems I have is that most of my items were "work" clothes so that I could get dressed quickly in the mornings. So after a month of wearing "work" clothes, all I want to wear are jeans, t-shirts, leggings, and mini-skirts. However, this poses a problem when I actually need to go to work. 


Speaking of work...I have a job again! Yayness! I'm teaching eighth grade Algebra and Science. The position is for the rest of the year (for sure). It's actually a bit of a bummer because the teacher I'm taking over for is really great. He's got a lot of the same teaching style that I do. I'm glad to have a job, but it would be great to pick his brain and collaborate on lesson planning since he's been teaching for five years.


Back to complaining.


I want to apologize for my radio silence. I've been at my new job for two weeks and they have been a crazy two weeks in deed. Week one was spent just trying to get the class going. The second week (this week) has been minimum days all week. Folks, I HATE minimum days. They are a nightmare for teaching because they throw off my whole rhythm and schedule. Not to mention that the kids are all antsy because they know that they're getting out early. Also, I'm helping to coach the eighth grade pentathlon team. Last year I coached seventh grade pentathlon. I don't know why I keep volunteering to do this. I feel like I'm completely lost and a terrible coach.  But the kids are having fun, and that's the most important part. Right? Or maybe I'm just a glutton for pain. Yep. That might be it too.


So, I don't think I'll be taking on the 30 For 30 again. The only time I might consider it is if I get 30 brand new pieces of clothing that can be remixed into several outfits. Then I might do it again so I can break in all those new clothes!


I am proud of myself for sticking it out though, even if I did hit a few bumps along the way.

1 comment:

  1. Good job on the 30 for 30! I want to do it, but no one wants to see 30 black outfits. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)