Thursday, March 10, 2011

Day 26: 42


Only 4 more days left of wearing these same clothes! I can almost taste the freedom!! Don't lie; I know you think this is boring, too. It's especially boring considering that this is a fashion CHALLENGE!! ::LeSigh::
  I actually thought that I was going for some kind of look here. You see, I've been on this Dr. Who bender of sorts. I'm trying {desperately} to catch up so that I can join in with Season...7, is it? I just hope it's all still going by the time I'm finally up to speed. I must say I'm already curious to see what kind of Doctor this Matt Smith is. I'll probably start out resenting him and wishing David Tennant was back, the way I hated David and wanted my first Doctor back, and then the new Doctor will be my favorite Doctor because the truth of the natter is that the Doctor is really always the same. And now I'm spewing run-on non-sense like a proper Douglas Adams character. ::Bliss::
     Which brings me to the following:

There are several things that I want to say about this number. First of all: I am entirely satisfied with its existence as the Ultimate Answer. Further more, I believe that Bob Dylan found the Ultimate Question to this answer and wrote it into a song while enduring powerful gusts of wind at coincidental speeds. Second: I just finished watching the Season 3 Dr. Who episode of this title. I am extremely UNSATISFIED that this episode had absolutely NO* Hitchhikers references! How does a writer, who writes for a show that was created by Douglas Adams, title an episode 42 and NOT throw is at least ONE decent reference???? I mean...REALLY? It would have been PERFECT!! Third: This is now my second favorite number. My favorite {and lucky} number is six. I acquired this lucky number from an astrology kit that my mom bought for me at Costco {I think it was still called Price Club then} when I was in elementary school. Since then, I have been convinced that my lucky number is six because all of the major event of my life (including my birth date) have either been sixes, factors of six, or multiples of six. Yes, yes, I know that that's a HUMUNGO range of number and that anyone could pick any number and acquire the same pattern with the same results. But I take comfort in my delusion and refuse to give it up. =P This leads me to my logic in 42 being my second favorite number. 42 is an adorable reference to a book that I adore {even if it is a relatively new adoration} and the sum of the digits is 6. It's Kismet, I tell you. <3

 Oh! The look I was going for: The Doctor's companions always seem to be wearing some sort of a simple, yet fashionable outfit at the time of their meeting. So, for a lark, I decided that if I dressed like the Doctor's companion I could somehow channel all that awesomeness and be just as awesome...or increase my chances of accidentally bumping into a large blue phone box. Time travel my phone booth is still only my second favorite mode of time travel; DeLorean is still my fave.

*I suppose you could squeeze out a tiny Hitchhikers reference from "42" in that the TARDIS effectively hitched a ride on the space ship much in the same way that a Sub-Ether-Sens-o-Matic hitches a ride on similar passing space craft.

1 comment:

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)