Thursday, March 24, 2011

Day 28: Time for Change


Hubby didn't like the blond, so I decided to make it a girl day! I wanted (and Hubby wanted) to keep some of the blond highlights, so I needed a couple of extra hands to pull off this precision dye job.


I had my mom (left) and my sister (photographer) help me out with some temporary hair color and foils. 


On the under layers, we applied the temporary light brown color. I went with a temporary because I was worried about what kind of reaction my recently bleached locks would have to the dye.


On the top layers, we used a blond toning kit. I found it at Big Lots (I know; should've been a red flag...) and it's supposed to add darker blond tones to all over hair color.


The result is kind of a light brown with a few highlights. I miss my blond, but I'm also happy with this in-between color. I'll call this one: Mission Accomplished. The best was the quality time I got to spend with my mom and my sister. 


Lil Sis (Mitsy) ended up spending the night, and we had a ton of fun! We played Dance Central on the Kinect and got some hysterical video! I'd post it, but I'll get a lot more fun out of it if I wait until she has a boyfriend I can embarrass her in front of, ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)