Friday, March 4, 2011

Day 22: Titles Are Stupid

I'm still struggling with getting home in enough time to take adequate pictures. Particularly ones where you don't have to bear witness to my disaster of a desk or put up with my nasty lighting. Of course, I might have been able to squeeze in some outdoor pics this afternoon had I not decided to take a nap instead. =D
It wasn't a rough day or a long day, but I actually did work. I got the call at 5 this morning {that's the life of a sub, guys} and thought I would be subbing for my friend who teaches 7th grade social studies. He's freakin' amazing teacher! I mean, he doesn't just teach medieval history, he LIVES it! I could sit in his room for hours and just stare at all his stuff. He builds his own medieval armor! But his teaching skills are also amazing. I really need to find another excuse to get him to teach me his system because everything in his room runs better than clockwork. So, I was pretty excited to sub for him today. He currently has a student teacher, but only for the last few periods of the day, so I would still get to teach.
This is also the school where my friends Megan teaches. Earlier this week, she told me how she would be out today and Monday and that it would be nice if I could sub for her. She has a TON of my old sixth graders. But, alas, our district no longer allows teachers to request specific subs {has to do with lay offs and seniority...blah blah}, and I wasn't able to take her class...until her scheduled sub canceled this morning and left Megan's class without a teacher. The secretary saw this as a perfect opportunity since I know most of Megan's class and know Megan's teaching style. So she switched me. And for the third day, I got to hang out with my kids. Since they actually had work to get done, though, I spent each period running around the room making sure everyone was on task and working correctly. Result: I'm pooped! I can't believe I even wrote this much! 
I'm not going to go back to watching Disney movies with Hubby {we're having a marathon of sorts that was inspired by our recent purchase of Bambi on BlueRay}. Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)