Friday, March 4, 2011

Days 20 and 21: Work and Play

      I don't know if I'm crazy about this outfit. Sometimes I think it works and other times I feel ridiculous. I was feeling adventurous by mixing the two prints. What do you think? Is it workable?

     I worked at my middle school again today. If you've ever played an instrument in school, you know what subject I "taught" today. I love music; I mean I LOVE it. I've had a few friends ask me why I don't teach it. And here's the truth: I have a great appreciation for music, but hardly any knowledge. I absolutely suck at music theory and can't direct to save my life. I'd love to teach choir and wouldn't mind taking the theory courses, but that won't change the fact that I can't play the piano. Friends, if you're going to lead a choir, you need to have some piano skills to your name. Trying to lead a warm-up without proper accompaniment is like trying to swim in a dry pool. I've tried to learn the piano many times in my life and it's just not in the cards for me {fingers are too short}. So subbing for the middle school band teacher was fun {got to hear lots of music} and frustrating {can't help the kids worth a lick!}. The best part? You guessed it! Got to see my kiddos again! The best was drum circle {yes, the school actually has a drum circle class! Isn't that awesome?}. One of my old students, who was always out of his seat, always talking, always goofing around, was asked to be the leader of the drum circle. Folks, I nearly cried when I saw that kid direct. He had focus and composure and leadership. I was so proud to see how he's grown! And that's what makes my job worth every second.

     Later that night, Marty and I went out to a dinner party.
I'm calling this Day 21 because...well, I'm wearing thin on these thirty items. I practically rip them off when I get home from work just so I can wear something different. The pictures are the most difficult though. These were taken after I got home. In the room with sucky lighting. Not even Zaphod can save me from the bane of indoor lighting...but he tries.
I'm really glad that I put this dress in my thirty. I've loved it since I found it on the rack last year and have used just about any excuse to wear it. I love the stripes on it and the ruffly skirt and the POCKETS!! My only regret is that I didn't also buy the dress with the blue skirt! Seriously, guys, this dress is amazing; just throw it on and it looks fabulous. I was a little worried about how it would look with my new hair, but I have to say I'm likin' the Courtney Love vibe I get from it. =D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)