Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Day 19: Feeling Flighty

     Maybe it's the monochromatic scheme or the flowy scarf that makes me feel like a flight attendant. Or maybe it's the blond hair and the cutesy smile. I think the blue sweater with the purple dress was a bad idea. The purple is too grape and just makes me look like a big ol' bruise...with blond hair.
     The kids thought I looked pretty today, though. Saw some more of my old students at my first middle school. I think their Snyder-Sense is coming back to them; some kids actually came to see me before school even started. It's adorable having students hunt me down. I did shock some of them though, and I told them it was payback for shocking me with all of their crazy hair changes and getting taller and older and wot not.
     I used to think that I was a high-heel hero. I am definitely NOT feeling that way because of this challenge! I picked four pairs of heels that are quite high and I'm starting to feel the pain in my feet and my back. I have never had this kind of dull pain in these areas and it's got to be from wearing the same heels for 19 days in a row and not giving myself a break with flats. I'm also starting to worry about the well-being of my shoes. These black ones, for instance, were starting to feel a little wobbly in the heel as I was flitting across campus. That would just suck if they broke. I've only had one pair of heels break on me, and they were my absolute favorite pair. They were my first pair of knee high boots. Black, with rubber heels and soles, and with just enough shine; I wore them almost every day and even under pants. But, alas, I had this bad habit of rocking back on my heels when I was bored, and one day, during my freshman year of college, *SNAP* and "Wha-wha-whoa!" *tumble and tears*. Lesson learned: Don't rock back on your heels if you value your shoes!
     GOOD NEWS!
   I got a response from Enrollment Services this afternoon! I'm officially enrolled and settled up at CSULB! Yay! I'm so glad that I went through all of that for this tiny peace of mind {I'm still not sure if that's the right "peace"}. I'm also extremely impressed at the speed of their decision since I was told last night that it would be two weeks. Thank You, Enrollment Services, for expediting my case; I truly appreciate it. Please ignore the massive amount of profanity directed at the university from me somewhere around mid-terms and finals. KThxBye! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)