Thursday, February 10, 2011

30 For 30: Day 4

It was "jeans" day at work. I kid you not; every teacher I interacted with today was wearing jeans! It was awesome! It also made me feel less self conscious about wearing jeans to work. I listened to well to my student teaching supervisor's, who convinced me that it was blasphemous to wear jeans to the classroom. I still did and still do...but I feel insanely guilty about it!
          Here I am at day four, and the only thing that I've remixed is my shoes. :( I feel unaccomplished. I feel uncreative. I feel lazy. Or maybe that's just because I've been dragging a box and a half of teaching crap to and from work. Hopefully, it's giving me a little bit of a work out.
          Speaking of  work, I have work next week! I'm kind of excited about it. I was asked to do a four day assignment AND I got a call to work at my old school {my first school<3}. Even though it's not a long term job, it is full time work and that's always appreciated. And I'll get to show off my cool new toy {wireless tablet} to more kids. See why I like middle school? It's because I'm still at that emotionality.     
MOVING ON....
          Do you ever get a recommendation from someone to watch a show or a movie and their really excited about it, but you just never get around to watching it, then you finally get around to it (say, a couple of years later) only to start kicking yourself for not checking it out sooner? That's been the story of my life for the past two years. My friend Dan at my first teaching job was a total kindred spirit: he's into sci-fi and other quirky stuff like I am. He's recommended a lot of movies and TV shows to me since we met. Most of them I put off for several months, which means that I didn't watch them until after I was out of a job. At that point I would immediately fall in love with the movie or show and become extremely frustrated with myself for not watching it sooner so I could gush about it to Dan. Anyway, several people have recommended to me that I watch the new Dr. Who series. I had heard of the Doctor growing up {mostly on the sci-fi channel as references and viewing memorabilia in the sci-fi channel catalogue}, but I had never seen the show. Until now. Now that it is in it's fifth season. And. I. Love. It. It's heartbreaking to have to stop after watching three episodes in a row {each hour long episode}. How on Earth could I have NOT wanted to watch a show about a time traveler in a PHONE BOOTH???? I only watched Bill and Ted religiously and then their cartoon show on a regular basis! And he's English? And he changes form on a regular basis? And he fights evil in the pursuit of making the universe a better place? Naturally, I'm completely obsessed. To top things off even more, the last episode I watched last night had Giles from the Buffy series as an episode character. He was an evil alien posing as the principal of a school. There hasn't been a single dull episode and I adore the humor. It's English humor and that's my favorite kind. AND there was a Hitchhiker's {a book recommendation that I should have pursued a LOOOOOONG time ago as well}  reference in the season 2 premier. Obsessed. That's me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)