Friday, February 11, 2011

30 For 30: Day 5

"Heads or Tails?" That's what I thought to myself this morning. Mostly because I thought the bow of my scarf-turned-belt looked like a tail.
          I stepped out of my fashion comfort zone with this outfit. No, it's not the purple tights. No, it's not the obnoxious plaid scarf-turned-belt. It's all the black. I'm not used to wearing so much of one color {unless it's a dress}. It felt wrong to pair a black skirt with a black tee. Not only that, but the effect it had without the tights or the scarf-turned-belt was so funeral-ish. But, what is this challenge for if not to push my the boundaries of my creativity?
         I did get a lot of compliments on the outfit this morning though {as I dropped off the last of the grading I had left as well as creating a print out of the scores for the permanent teacher to put in her gradebook...which I hope she does, because I spent a lot of time planning for those kids and grading their work}. To be fair, I think it was the tights that garnered all the attention. They are quite nice, don't you agree?
          I do have to apologize for the poor quality pictures {I know, I know; second time this week...} but I was experimenting....and the battery on my other camera ran out. So, I decided to improvise by using my Flip camera for video and then converting the video clips into stills. I assumed that since my video is in HD that the stills would turn out fairly nice. Clearly, there is something left to be desired in this process. But, they will suffice until my camera charges up or until I get my butt down to the repair shop for my Nikon CoolPix {which I adore and desperately want to have fixed!!!}
     As a closing thought, what do you prefer to know more about in my life? Do you like the fashion posts more or would you rather hear more of my tales and tips from the world of substitute teaching? Leave me a comment! I promise I won't hurt you!

1 comment:

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)