Monday, February 21, 2011

Days 11-14: Me? Behind? Phsh!

To make up for my absence, here are some quick mini-blog-isodes to fill you in on my 30 For 30 Challenge and the other cool stuff that happened this weekend!

Friday
Shirt/Dress (worn as vest)/pants: target; Belt: Charlotte Russe; Shoes: Guess

       This is what I wore to my old stomping grounds: the first school where I taught full time. I had an amazing day there working with both old and new friends. I felt I was spread a little thin though because I had so many people to catch up with! It was so wonderful to see everyone again and talk about all our old topics!
But, the best part? Getting to see my students. My FIRST students. I'm not gonna lie; my eyes got a little misty. They had all grown up so much! They looked great and I got lots of hugs. I even got to meet some of their "boyfriends" and "girlfriends". I think I'll take that to mean that they remember me in a positive light.
          Now for the outfit. I felt super creative this morning when I rolled up my pink sweater dress to remix it into a vest. I felt very preppy with my vest, blue button up, and gray slacks and that I was lookin' good! Until I saw these pics. My pants and I have an awkward relationship: it seems that they are either half a size too big, or half a size too small. These lean on the half size too big end of the spectrum. This was the ONLY picture hubby took of me {YES, hubby finally took a pic of me!} where my pants did not look like a saggy mess. And they are a size 2. ::bangsheadondesk:: I give up...for now.

 Saturday
Shirt/Scarf: WalMart; Pants: Target; Sweater: Kohl's; Headband: Big Lots and is headed for the trash.

Hubby and I decided to hit the town! We had a lovely Saturday afternoon at the Block of Orange. We ate linner (the meal between lunch and dinner) at a fish restaurant that I cannot for the life of me remember. The bread was good, but the fish was mediocre. Good thing I can't remember the restaurant's name!
       After linner we headed over to Dave and Buster's for drinks and video games. Because that's how we do dates: Junk food and video games. I LOVE it! We racked up a ton of tickets and walked away with some pretty neat prizes. First off, let me tell you how many tickets we had: 94,000 {approximately}. And there were no X-Boxes or other gaming systems in the toy room {because this is how we wound up with our original X-Box and several games}, so we had to find a LOT of stuff. How about 6 autographed baseball grab-bags where you a guaranteed a signed MLB baseball? Sure! Still have 30,000 tickets left. Ok...How about a lamp that plays an iPod {I need one to illuminate my home made document camera}? Great! still have 15,000 tickets...Umm? Candy? Oh and some spy toys for our niece? And...and...more candy? And...oh forget it. We'll use the rest later!
       At this point I've had a couple of drinks and a lot of candy, so I decide "TODAY IS THE DAY!" What day is this, you ask? You see, I've been wanting a second set of ear piercings since circa 1996 when EVERYONE was getting a second set. Well, mommy doesn't like piercings and tattoos so I had to at least wait until I was out of the house. I've been putting off my second set for years literally because it is so easy to do. I don't need to make an appointment and I don't need to research the possible nasties that might accompany it. The worst that could happen in an ear piercing is having it ripped out within the first six weeks...and I've already done that once. So, SATURDAY was THE DAY! I walked into Claire's at the Block and politely asked the woman at the counter if I could have my ears pierced. There's an awkward video of the whole ordeal, but I'm not done editing it. :) Painless and quick and I'm the proud owner of additional holes in my head.
       After the ear piercing, we headed over to Cafe Tu Tu Tango for some more drinks and dessert. I had coffee and a S'mores platter. It was DIVINE. {period}
Sunday
Shirt: Don't remember; Skirt: Reference; Belt: Old Navy; Socks: Kohl's; Boots: TJ Maxx; Necklace: Vintage

       Sunday was Aunt and Uncle day. This means we took our niece out to play and let her mommy and daddy get some peace and quiet. We got to run around and play games all day! :) We took our darling girl to a new place around the corner called Endless Food and Fun. Apparently it's somewhere in between a Chuck E. Cheese and a Dave and Buster's on the experience scale. The best part though was LASER TAG. Folks, I love to play laser tag. My next venture will be paint ball, but for now, laser tag is the bomb because I can wear whatever I'm comfortable in and don't have to worry about it getting ruined or causing me further injury.
       Lets hear it people: Who's the woman!?!?!?! That's right! I rocked the laser tag arena in HEELS! Now that's how a real lady spends her Sunday afternoon!
     Oh, yeah, the kid. She had a blast! It was her first time playing and it was a good thing we bought the unlimited package! After the first game, she didn't want to do anything but keep going back in that black lit room! Aww...and here my SIL thought she was going to have a girly girl. Sorry.

       Oh, and in a few outfits I've taken pics with my brown jacket. I hope this isn't braking the rules. I figured that since it's my go-to outerwear, then it doesn't count as an every-day item and shouldn't be included in my 30 For 30. Am I wrong? I mean, it's winter, but a SoCal winter doesn't exactly call for a traditional "coat" and I still find the high fifties quite chilly and jacket worthy. Let me know if you think I'm cheating, but I wasn't intending to.



 Monday
Shirt/Pants/Earrings: Target; Sweater: Gifted; Boots: Guess

       Here's another iffy move for this challenge. Originally in my 30 I had a red and white striped sweater. I do like this sweater and I've even worn it on the blog before {but not in the challenge}. The problem I faced this morning was a lack of clean clothes and the fact that I really did not want to wear that red and white sweater. I've been avoiding it for the entire challenge because it just looks blah with all of the bottoms that I "packed" with me. So I made a substitution. I swapped out the red and white sweater for this lovely grape one. I think I'll be much happier with this in my arsenal and already have great plans for it.
       Oh, and please pardon the "spirits" in my photo. I've been so lazy about getting my photos taken lately and they've all been done at night. I'll blame this one on my sister though, since she's the one who took the photo. Love you, Mitsy!


Whew! There you have it. Four days passed and I kept everything on the level! I'll work harder at keeping myself up to date this week. Thanks for hanging in there and checking in on me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)