Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 17: Awkward and Awesome

Shirt: Target; Skirt: H&M; Tights: Don't remember...mighta been Aardvark, though; Shoes: Wild Diva; Belt: Came with pants I no longer own; Jewelry: "vintage"

Awkward
*  Today's outfit
* Not getting called to work today
* Having to write a letter to the Department Chair begging to be let back into class
* Tripping in front of students and killing their interest in the math lesson
* Realizing that I make the same annoying facial expressions at the teacher that my students give to me: The raised eyebrows of surprise, the half frown of contemplation, the furrowed eyebrows of skepticism, etc.
* Going shopping with mom and sister and not being able to buy anything
* LA traffic
* Realizing that this mess with enrollment could have been avoided if I'd just turned around and went to the next window instead of waiting to pay at home online. :(
* Realizing that I've learned nothing new in my "methods" course, but only been reminded of my cool teaching tricks from last year.
* Observation hours.
* My glasses.

Awesome
* Cuddling on the couch with hubby to watch two movies this week
* Using Power Point to make a six piece hall pass template
* Catching up with colleagues and getting the dish on what's been happening at the middle schools
* Naps on the couch with husband
* "Vintage" jewelery shopping in my mom's room
* Looking at GranpaDad's cufflink's and remembering him with mom...Marty and GrandpaDad would have really liked each other.
* Tresseme dry shampoo...this stuff is my new best friend!<----Wait, maybe this is awkward?
* Remixing my dress as a vest and seeing the looks of surprise on my friends' faces when I tell them about it.
* Glue guns...just because they are.
* Getting an email from the Department Chair that she wrote me my letter and my begging was effective! Yayness!

1 comment:

  1. I have a pair of pink tights, too, that I bought for a theatre production one year. And I love them. But I can't figure out how to wear them, or what to wear them with.
    Good effort though (:
    I like your outfit.

    ReplyDelete

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)