Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Day 16: And I Don't Even Like Basketball...

Sweater: Gifted; Shirt/Pants: Target; Shoes: Guess; Belt: Thrifted

I'm not a Lakers or basketball fan at all! I've been avoiding this color combination for years!
       I absolutely hate how some color combinations have just been stolen from fashion and stereotyped. This is one of them; well, maybe only because I live in southern California. Purple and yellow and complimentary colors and are supposed to go well together. But every time I put them together all I can see is a giant Lakers logo! It drives me nuts! It's the same mental block that stops me from wearing red, white, and blue {patriotic...not that I don't love my country or anything...}, red and green {Xmas}, black and orange {Halloween}, or black and yellow {bumble bees...and those were both my high school and college colors}. Today I went for it though, because my only other option for an undershirt was lime green...I choose "Laker Fan" over "Barney Fan" any day.
       Speaking of basketball, I found myself some more hoops to jump through at CSULB today! Turns out, my sob story letter was not enough to convince Enrollment Services to reverse my dropped class. No, no. The head of Enrollment Services emailed me today to tell me that I need to complete yet another petition process and will be subjected to yet ANOTHER $10 fee. This petition process involves getting a bunch of signatures from hard to reach people and running around to all of their different locations. Luckily, the gal I spoke to at the college of education about this was very nice. I got all teary when I explained my predicament to her and she was very understanding and told me to just breathe and it would all be ok. She also told me that the person I needed to get a signature from was out all day in a meeting and to email her. So I composed one of the longest emails of my life explaining the massive error in communication that has occurred this semester over three lousy units. Actually, those three "lousy" units are quite important to me, but calling them a nasty name somehow makes me feel better about the whole situation.
       On the bright side, I was told that I look cute today and not a single person said anything to me about the Lakers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)