Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 15: Color Blocking

Dress: Target; Sweater: F21; Boots: TJ Maxx
       This is what I wore out today...until I discovered that I would need to run around the CSULB campus for the better part of my day. You see, it was a lovely morning. I woke up and was not called in for work {boo, but it was still relaxing} so I promptly logged onto my computer to pay my tuition after finally getting all of my finances arranged properly. I paid {with a little sob} and went about my merry way. About an hour later I get an email telling me my bill for CSULB. Ok. Fine. It came just in time. Half an hour later I get a notice that I am delinquent on my tuition and that my class is being canceled. WHAT?!? You bill me and penalize me all in the same day? What the heck is going on? So, after a mini panic attack, I threw on my fake Uggs, comfy jeans, and a comfy shirt so I could quickly run across campus if needed.
       Now, if you've never been to the CSULB campus, then you don't know the importance of proper attire for traversing the campus. First off, the campus is built on a hill and so has many stairs and ramps. Second, the college of education {where I'm supposed to be enrolled} and enrollment services are on opposite side of the campus. This is roughly a five minute drive and a 15 minute walk. With this geography in mind, imagine being bounced back and forth between the college of education and enrollment services several times. This means a lot of walking, both uphill and downhill because the only parking near either office is metered parking.
       So, off I went. Luckily, I didn't need to go back and forth between the two offices. No. I only needed to wait 15 minutes in one line to talk to a man at a window who told me to go wait for 20 minutes in another line to talk to another man in a window. The second man in a window then explained to me that my best bet {after hearing my long sad sob story about being a graduate student and being given incorrect information about initial enrollment, yadda yadda} was to print out my receipt for tuition and write a letter petitioning to be reinstated in the course. At this point in the day, I didn't have time to go home to compose and print such items or the office would close. The second man at the window, who was actually quite nice...his name was Michael, kindly suggested that I go to the Horn Center on campus to print these items. Well! Let me tell you about the Horn Center! If you're a CSULB student and haven't been to the Horn Center, GO! It's awesome! It's a computer lab with a bajillion computers and a dozen printers! And you use your student ID to buy and release print jobs at ANY of the printers in the room! It's a procrastinator's dream location! So, I used this new found gold mine to print my receipt and compose my letter and print it all out in less than twenty minutes! I ran back to enrollment and gave my materials to Michael, who spoke to his supervisor and filed my petition with the head of enrollment services and told me.....that I would hear back from them in about a week and a half. Talk about anti-climactic!
       Enrollment drama aside, I was very happy with the outfit I mixed up today. Even better was that hubby though it was cute too. Actually, the word he used was hot and that's why I love him. In fact, he just now shared with me that he'd like to see me wear the outfit again sometime. He makes my heart melt. <3

    Oh, yeah! And I'm half way through the 30 For 30 Challenge! Yay! I'm going to be so excited to wear my other clothes! But, I do appreciate the challenge I'm being faced with and I'm excited to know that if I had to pack light for an extended period of time, I could still put together some killer outfits.

Check out all of my outfits for the challenge here!

1 comment:

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)