Monday, February 7, 2011

So Very "Arthur Dent"

This outfit is about a week old, but I really liked it, and I liked the pictures even more. I love taking photographs in a mirror. There's just something fascinating and paradoxical about it. This is one of my favorite outfits to wear because it makes me want to run out and go on an adventure. My original thoughts were Indiana Jones type adventures, but my mood has since changed and I'd rather wear this outfit to go traipsing around the galaxy in a phone booth. All I need is my towel and I'm ready to check out the wonders of the universe! I'm glad that I picked most of this outfit to include in my 30 for 30. I have a feeling I might wear a few different renditions of it.

So, there's been a lot that's happened in the interim of silence I've bestowed upon my fledgling blog. First off, I broke my camera.
It still takes pictures, but it's nearly impossible to manipulate the touch screen and I can't set up the automatic timer. This means that I can't use it to take pics of myself {since hubby won't do it or isn't home at a good time to do it}. So I'll be hunting around the house for other cameras to use. Luckily, Hubby and I are gadget junkies and have such electronics laying around in closets and cupboards.
Also,
I'm working! Full time!
I got a long term sub position teaching 7th grade language arts and social studies. I'm glad that I have it, and the kids are pretty good {most of them are actually Adrienne's from last year}, but trying to play catch-up half way through the year is exhausting! I literally had to hit the ground running after the kids had most of the year with little or no structure. Thank goodness that the sub who was in there before me is a lot like me {ie: she's awesome} and put in most of the structures that I would have put in myself. So the kids were partly trained to begin with. It's still tiring trying to catch-up with everything though. 
I also started my methods class to obtain my credential to teach math. The class is one night a week, but it's from 7pm to 10pm. And that sucks. A 15 hour work day is definitely not fun at all. On top of the class, I need to conduct field work and observe a middle school classroom {because I've never seen one::rollseyes::}. Twice a week I must bid my prep period adieu and suck it for the sake of having a job next year. A job with benefits and a living wage. 

:: I :: CAN :: DO :: THIS ::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Spit it out already. Hit me with your best shot! ;)